Monday, December 8, 2014

12-08-14 20th century paint style

I feel good, tired, but satisfied, kind of tired.



This week was kinda nuts. I was only in my area for 3 days, for various meetings in La Esperanza and Tegucigalpa. Kinda complicated, and then one of those days we had to do a service project sooo what did we do? Logically, we painted the health center where Elder Saurez fainted... haha, pretty fun. But man, that's a lot of work. We still haven't finished and looks like next Saturday we will be doing the same thing so it doesn't stay super ugly looking.... but all good. haha We didn't have enough paint so.... we combined white paint with yellow and green... not so bad, but we still don't have enough paint.. I think we will be taking a 20th century style and painting every wall a different color.
 
He just loves the jungle.
As for inv. well... One family is having problems and now are going to separate. I have now recognized the consequences of fornication. They have a daughter together, they've been together for 3 years, and they  faced this problem and now, well... because they had no commitment to each other they're just gonna split up and the daughter will go with the mother.... It sure makes me sad. This is what happens when one does not marry but has a family... shouldn't work like that, but it is all too common here.
This is a fruit that is like cantaloupe but its called sipote and falls out of a tree like an apple.... weird but good.
On the other hand, in the branch, tomorrow me and my companion are going to the temple for a temple trip where our 8 youth and 2 families are going to work. The Families are going to be sealed... I'm am inexplicably happy about that. 
 
Food for 2 months straight... (its cheap and weddings are expensive)
I think up to this point in my life I've never felt such extremes. Such sadness to see people waste their potential and do exactly what you say not to do only to suffer the consequence, and the worst part is when they still keep going at it. When a person does not learn from the mistakes that's the worst.
 
And such happiness to see people loving God and their lives changing and seeing the blessings in their lives.. I
I believe I haven't cried so much from sadness or happiness ever.... until these days.

These are crazy Hondurans, there is a man driving the first car.. the chain broke...
and the car fell but no one died, just minor injuries jajaja... but seriously.

This coming week will be a wreck. I'm going to the temple tomorrow to baptize the youth, then sending the branch home without me as me and my companion stay to renew my residence and then we go to stay with the assistants. Wednesday we will be at a Christmas activity of the mission. Then Saturday we have this service, Elders quorum activity, and Christmas party prep. That's in 2 weeks, we have so much we need to do, but geez, sometimes it's hard and that's using a planner. I would be unable to accomplish this without my planner...

The branch had a high in attendance this week and we have a baptism on Saturday.. basically missionary life. Lovin it.

Paz y amor
Elder Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment