Monday, May 11, 2015

5-4-15 We are like the wind...

Welcome May. I feel like this month came like a punch in the face. All of the sudden. haha

My favorite tacos in the world! Cow's Tongue.
This week passed by really fast. Changes are coming on the 12 of April and it's pretty probable that I'm going to be leaving the Esperanza.
 
The Zone
 
Other than that we have a baptism of two chavalos (guys) tomorrow at 2 and then we have a family that's programmed for the 24 so, really we've had quite a bit of success here in the Esperanza. Well at least in baptisms. It's really interesting what role we play in the mission. We come and we go, really thinking in the worldly sense it doesn't really make sense to send workers to the same places but always rotating. Because if they always stayed in one place they would have more relation and more trust in that place and thinking logically, doesn't that mean that they would be able to make a larger impact?? welll no. We act like the wind or the storms that come and go. Sometimes we bring a lot of dust and make a large impact on one place and other times we simply change little things that allow the missionaries that follow us to make that difference. I used to think that it depended on one type of missionary. But really I realize that if an area is having success it is thanks to the 4 or 5 missionaries who were there before. I always used to think, I want to be that difference maker, I want to be the impact." But now I know that really it's not us. It's something  that I knew in word but I didn't understand in deeds. 


Well enough of that, this week we made another house, it rained a ton, and we had a zone meeting that was kinda like without faith, and well, we are just trying so hard to help our missoinaries. I feel like I'm learning a little what it's like to be a parent. In that you can counsel, punish, uplift in a thousand ways, but in the end the "kids"make their own decisions and you can't do anything but stand on the sidelines and always be ready to help when they ask. It's tough, I sure hope my parents forgive me for all that stress I must have given. Because  honestly, I feel like the worst part is after you say all that you say, waiting to see what they DO. haha it's suspenseful and stressful. This week we have a full schedule traveling to the 3 districts to make sure all is well and well, Jesus de Otoro, my second home, is dead right now and we're going to go on Wednesday to see why, and see if we can help. 
 
Building houses



Thanks for everything my friends.

Paz y amor, Elder johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment