Tuesday, April 15, 2014

4-15-14 Cardboarding and Caves

This week was well pretty excellent!  I feel like I´ve really discovered like... idk, the reason for missionary work... haha Yeah I know "well that took you long enough Sean" but yeah. It´s like every person knows right? I guess I was a bit behind the curve but hey I´ve arrived haha. So what changed?  Well I was just reading my journal and see that I´ve made progress. Maybe not physically but like mentally or in my way of thinking... sorry.. wierd way to start this letter but eh. haha Who cares? I love my life. haha ok so now I´ll tell about the week.

Last Monday we went to this this place called the culture house. They have like skeletons of people which according to carbon dating put them about 800 B.C. which was pretty cool.  The owner is a member and they're  from this cave cemetery in Talgua. Really cool. When we went to the caves we couldn´t enter that section because the testing and science stuff isn´t done yet. Other than that they just had historic photos of catacamas... like three different pics had subtitles that said like this was such and such and was mysteriously and sadly stolen... hahaha we had a good laugh.
Caves of Taulgua
 
Then on Thursday the next exciting thing is, well, it hit 104 degrees in farenheit (spelling) and the power went out because of a massive windstorm that destoyed a bunch of electric posts, so we woke up and I had to figure out how to shower from this pila water.  I set up my blanket and well now I just am gonna say it actually feels really good to shower outside in 104 degree weather. Definetly suggested ... hahaha

On Saturday we pressed or lent? idk service by cleaning these steps to this culture house. Here they make like really cool gutters on the side for when the rainy season comes so we cleaned that all up and then found some card baord to do what? yeah, you know it, go shuting.  We call it cardboarding now haha that was fun.
Cardboarding!
 
Other than that the branch pres. challenged the branch to read the Book of Mormon in 4 months.  I accepted the challenge. That means 3 pages a day, its been 2 weeks and 2 days and I am on page 49. In Spanish the Book of Mormon has 642 page which is 111 pages extra, just an interesting fact.

I really appreciated like Nefi´s attitude, every one knows the Nefi 3:7 "I will go..." and he shows this attitude again in 1 Nefi 16:9-10. He is told to build a boat and instead of being "like oh man, I can´t do that!  That's sooo much work, idk how to do that."
"He just went and was like show me the tools" really less than that even its like "show me where the minerals are so I can make the tools"

I want to be like that as a missionary. Like that JFK saying..(i think it was jfk) (inexact quote) "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country-" now we just apply that to our church, ward, friends and family. I want to be like Nephi. 

Other than that I love this place.  I´m learning so much and even if I can´t seem to be able to help a ton I´m trying, the Lord will form me into who he wants me to be.

Love you all, 
 paz y amor
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment