Monday, March 16, 2015

03-16-15 Miracles




Well, this week was just Excellent. We have three families who are preparing diligently to get baptized in the only true church on earth. Very excited. One should be getting baptized this week and the other two will be getting baptized next week. And on Sunday another miracle happened, a family just showed up to church again by themselves, they accepted the challenge to get baptized and well, they came to church by themselves.... I don´t understand why God is blessing us soo much right now, but I am very very grateful.

Other than that we had our interchanges with our missionaries in a place called Siguatepeque which is about 2-3 hours from our area, made sure everything was good that there was no wickedness and that everyone was ready to work. In this pueblo there are two companionships of elders and two of sisters so my companion went with the district leader and I went with the two other elders. They both are new  in the mission, one with 5 months and the other with 3 who just finished his training, and are well new. You can feel the newness when you´re around them, which is a Good thing. I get so pumped when I work with new missionaries, they have their whole mission ahead of them.
 
 
We had an experience when we went to go visit one of their investigators. He is an older gentleman with white hair and a twinkle in his eye. We went to teach about the restoration of the Gospel, and the church and he basically taught us the lesson. We were so surprised that he was talking about priesthood and prophets and that Joseph Smith had seen God, that well, we all just kind of stopped at once with our mouth open... I was the first one to snap out of it and I asked him, ¨Do you believe Joseph Smith was a prophet of God" and he said, "Well of course I do!!! He was a prophet! " I asked with amazment, "How do you know?" He looked at me with that twinkle in his eye and he said "Well God has always needed his prophets, God told me." I asked him if he wanted to be baptized. He said yes, but he wants to prepare. I told him he had to come to church two more times to get baptized he said, "well I´ll come to church tomorrow" (it was a Friday) My companions still a little bewildered by such power from a truly wise man, explained what the Day of rest is. And he said "Good. I´ll be ready then..." He´s getting baptized the 28th.
 

I rerealize that God does this work. I can´t count how many baptisms I´ve seen that have just shown up. Really I am soo amazed and touched that God cares for me enough to let me experience such miracles... I don´t think that there is any greater miracle than the miracle that causes one to repent. The miracle of Conversion. The Healing of the soul that causes a true change.

We ended the week super good with 11 people in church, and the zone is looking at baptizing 24 more people this week so we´re doing alright. We are expecting miracles.

Well love you guys
paz y amor
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment