Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A day late - 10-7-2014 - Pinata time!

Well I gotta start this email explaining that I´m writing today because yesterday we did not have time to write.... I´ll tell you why later on.
I love being a missionary mom:)
 

Can I just start by saying how freaking cool Conference is. Geez Those people are so inspiring and elevating. I want to be like them when I grow up. I liked so many talks but one that struck was from the priesthood session (I was only allowed to watch it as Branch president because here the missionaries aren´t allowed to see it, just read it.) The talk was Elder Uchtdorf.... He basically talked about self accountability. I loved it. 

I also loved the language thing, It was even cooler to realize I now speak two languages. haha. Conference was also fun this year because everything went smoothly here. We had like 6 hours without any tech problem in our building. And on Sunday just a minor problem when the breaker flipped. But we realized what the problem was and fixed in minimal time (Inspiration from God. I´m not exactly tech savvy.)

So we got to the chapel on Saturday at 7:00 to set everything up for the 8:00 retransmision of General Women's Conference, then the normal sessions - they brought us lunch ( french toast made by the sister missionaries) and Dinner (eggs and rice, and of course, beans) We left at 8:00 pm. Good day, but bad for missionary work.

Sunday about the same, but we left the building for lunch and we left at 5:00 because there wasn´t preisthood session.

Monday we left early with three pinatas for a zone activity. The pinatas are for three missionaries that finish this week. It was all a secret, so we left early so nobody would know. Then we helped the Texan zone leader make hamburgers.... We didn't really know how to do it but we needed 40 of them so.... they turned out all right :) haha


 

After that we met with the zone, ate the hamburgers, and then went to go play soccer. We finished with a flour fight and breaking the pinatas. Super good, but the bad thing is there was no time to do anything else. haha oh well

Alls well that ends well. 

Love you guys keep up the Faith.

Paz y amor
Elder Johnson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment